It’s cold out there, so why not warm up with a bowl of this delicious soup. Based on an amazing West African groundnut soup it’s vegan, gluten and refined sugar free and a brilliant new way to use your FUEL10K Peanut Butter!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- half an onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 400g can light coconut milk
- 450ml water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry and/or turmeric
- large handful chopped peanuts
- 1 pouch FUEL10K peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 3 large handfuls of kale, stems removed, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat and add the onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Saute until soft and fragrant.
- Add sweet potatoes. Brown them a little bit with the aromatics to get them nice and flavourful.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, water, spices, and peanuts. Simmer until sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add peanut butter and kale. Simmer until everything is thick, creamy, and delicious. Top with more peanuts and a little coriander.
Recipe by Pinch Of Yum