We don’t know about you, but as the days get shorter and colder, we look towards comfort food more and more. What better than an apple & cinnamon crumble to take the edge off a cold, blustery day? We like using Gala or Fuji apples because they’re naturally sweeter, meaning you don’t have to add sugar later on.
Check out our recipe below!
- 5 crisp apples (your standard Gala apple will do)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (optional)
- 60g of sugar
- 200g FUEL10K Apple & Cinnamon Low Sugar Granola
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Melt the butter on a medium/low heat in a saucepan. Peel, core, and cut the apples into small chunks, then put into the pan.
- Cook the apples, stirring occasionally, on the medium/low heat. The apples should become juicy and softened after around 5-10 minutes depending on the heat and size of the chunks. Add in ½ teaspoon of cinnamon (more if you like a more cinnamon-y taste) and stir, then take the apples off the heat.
- Place the cooked apple and cinnamon mixture in an oven-proof dish, leaving enough space on the top for a crunchy layer of topping.
- Pour FUEL10K apple & cinnamon granola on top of the cooked apple. This is where personal tastes come in, so put as little/much as you want on. You can also sprinkle some sugar on top of this if you fancy a sweeter crumble.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 175 degrees, and cook for 35-40 minutes, or until the crumble is bubbling at the edges and the granola is nice and crisp.
- Take out of the oven and serve warm.